Ambrogio LawnBott Troubleshooting
Ambrogio and LawnBott Troubleshooting
Always consult these Ambrogio LawnBott troubleshooting guides prior to contacting us with your issue. The information you need might be contained here. The guides mostly refer to older LawnBott models, the newer robots have a few differences. See #6 below or contact us.
- LawnBott and certain Ambrogio models: Service Menu Motor Test
- Ambrogio Lawnbott robot found dead in yard or on wire: Dead Robot Troubleshooting Guide
- Ambrogio Lawnbott robot not turning on at all: Dead Robot Troubleshooting Guide
- Ambrogio Lawnbott robot runs less time than expected: Short Run Times Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshoot No Signal/Blackout error message: No Signal/Blackout Troubleshooting Guide
- 2018 or later model? Here are the main differences:
- Most have all new electronics: Bluetooth, a different motherboard, Connect option, more wire sensors, different bump sensors, different batteries, the ability to extract and email data via the Ambrogio Remote app, the ability to troubleshoot problems with the service menu (dealer assistance required).
- Most likely the motors are brushless. Errors typically do not mean the motor has failed. Press the House icon, or turn it off and back on, then try starting the robot again. If the error persists, check for siezing, send a data report to your dealer.
- The transmitter/charging LED: solid blue when charging, blinks green when signal is transmitting. solid red when there is a break in the wire. The inductive charger is slightly different.
- Models with Connect have Geofence. It is important to rescue the robot quickly if it stops because the Geofence cellular transmitter will do a deep discharge on the battery that affects battery health. Also note that the PIN must be entered on the Ambrogio Remote app or on the touch screen to power the robot off when the Geofence is enabled. Do not let it fully discharge. Touch the display or if no display, watch the LEDs turn off after entering the PIN on the app.
- Low Battery Errors/Unexpected Shutdown These are severe errors that, if not corrected promptly, can result in a failed battery over time. Low Battery errors are often caused by a docking issue or a Distance Wire setting that is not appropriate for the installation. The troubleshooting procedure is to start the robot at the back of the base, send it to the station and walk behind it. Typically the issue can be detected with this method. For example, a change on the border causes the robot to make maneuvers such that it circles the yard instead of driving back to the base.
- Perimeter Wire Ohms Test for Ambrogio Lawnbott Signal Troubleshooting
- Ohms Measurement Table for Ambrogio Lawnbott Signal Troubleshooting
- Perimeter Wire Isolation Test for Ambrogio Lawnbott Signal Issue that happens only after rain
- Above-ground Wire Break Finder Use Instructions
- Wire Break Finder for Buried Wire, 3 Year Warranty
- Certain issues can be resolved by changing the installation of the wire.
- 2nd Edition Ambrogio & LawnBott Installation, Models 2017 and Before
- 3rd Edition New, improved guide for Ambrogio Installation, Models 2017 and Later.
Regular Maintenance & Other Instructions
- How to Open Ambrogio L85, LawnBott LB75, LB75DX, LB85
- Wheel Greasing and Threadlock Quick Guide
- Winterization Quick Guide: Robots with Brushes Brushless Robots Winter Service Video
- Detailed Winterization Instructions (with drawings), available upon request
- Autocheck Procedure - L210 L300
- Standard Checkout Procedure - L85 L75 v4
Windows Updater Software
Software updates are done through the Ambrogio Remote app for all robots that support Bluetooth. MY 2017 and later all have Bluetooth. Certain earlier models may be updated with a Bluetooth module. It is possible to update older models that require a cable with our assistance. Send a Troubleshooting Assistance Request and be sure to include the model name, serial number, where purchased and approximate purchase date. Generally we recommend software updates only if a specific issue requires it (if it isn't broken, don't "fix" it).
The complete set of detailed Troubleshooting Manuals are available to Authorized Dealers only. Ambrogio LawnBott owners who have no local dealer nearby may request excerpts of the manuals by emailing us the error message: Troubleshooting Assistance Request
NT60 Buried Wire Layer Troubleshooting
How to remove NT60 Cutter Bit/Blade normally or when seized-on.